- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cp Bicarbonate of Soda (baking soda)
- 1/2 cp Epsom salts or Coarse Sea Salts
- 1/2 cp Acitric Acid
- 1/2 cp Cornstarch (optional, makes the bomb float)
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1/2 tsp of essential oil or fragrance
- 3/4 tbsp water or water and liquid glycerin
- 2 1/2 tbsp of any nut oil (optional)
- 1. Mix cornstarch, baking soda, essential oil and nut oil until it looks fluffy.
2. Add your Epsom salts and acitric acid. Mix again.
3. Mix in water. This is the hardest part because water starts the chemical reaction in the acitric acid. I use a spray bottle and used about two sprays, just enough where the mixture molds in your hand. Note: Spray every two to three molds as needed to keep enough moisture in the mix.
4. Mold the bombs into shape. I use the bottoms of cheap Easter eggs. Be careful not to twist out of the mold, just tap and it should, with a little luck, fall into the waiting cookie sheet or Pyrex. Repeat with all of the mixture.
5. Cover with a cloth overnight to dry. If you live in a wetter climate, it is possible to put the bombs in the oven at 200 to help the drying process, but my apartment was dry enough.
6. Use one bomb per bath and enjoy.
- 2 cps finely ground sea salt (or Epsom salts)
- 1/2 cp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp light oil
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil (I use capsules and just break the gel coating)
- 2 eggs
- 5-6 drops essential oil/vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients until doughy.
3. Take about a teaspoon of dough and roll it into a ball or roll the dough out and use cookie cutters. Feel free to add flower petals, cloves, or herbal tea (as I did) in the dough.
4. Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet. Make sure the cookies are a good distance apart otherwise they will run together like my first batch did.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes, no need for browning. Be sure not to over bake them.
6. Allow the cookies to cool completely, I say overnight. Carefully remove them with a spatula; they will be fragile.
7. Use one to two cookies per bath and allow to dissolve.