- 3. laundromats
29. the sound of cows running
65. popping zits
76. all-night diners
79. watching TV in my underwear
- 1. driving home from the grocery store and seeing the setting sun light up the tops of the changing trees
2. my husband
3. my daughter
4. taking long baths with bath salts in the water or anything else I can find in my linen closet (since for some reason bath toiletries have been a popular gift the last few years I have amassed quite a collection) with lit candles and a cigarette and ashtray handy.
5. the first days of fall
6. cute outerwear
7. telling guys that are hitting on me that I am married
8. reminding my husband that he is sixteen and sometimes seventeen years older than me (especially when he is telling stories about getting in trouble as a teenager...I like to remind him that I hadn't been born yet)
9. being tipped well
10. driving around on back roads when it's cold with all my windows down and the sunroof open
- 1. Oki my cat
2. sitting and chatting with friends over coffee and dessert
3. seeing others happy
4. playing music
5. picking up some little item and giving it to a friend who isn't expecting it.
6. the color green
7. foreign films
8. my dad
9. laughter from children
10. best friend Amy
- 2. Lynn (my wife)
3. Cooper, especially when he wants to go out side and it’s raining and he flattens his ears out straight out to the sides as if to shade the long fuzzy hair on the sides of his face from the rain.
8. The sound of that first cup of hot coffee pouring into a thick ceramic mug, that slight ring and shallow swoop as it fills up.
11. Hearing that “hi, daddy” early in the morning, a sound so sweet and soft, it’s a little like what I think the bells in heaven will sound like (sorry a little sappy on that one)
19. When the sun comes beaming in the kitchen window in late afternoon and makes the tomatoes and apples and peppers and grapes by the sink shine like a 16th century painting.
22. That truly ineffable moment when I feel the mirror in my camera snap up and hear that soft “click” of the shutter. It’s better when it’s an old two and a quarter camera, but my new cameras still do it too.
29. When it thunders but doesn’t rain
51. The feeling after raking a yard full of leaves and then for no good reason acting like a five year old and diving in head first
85. That feeling of frictionless freedom, heading down the first long wide blue slope on the mountain.
94. All green lights